- It took exactly a week, but Brad Marchand was fined $2,500 for slew-footing Matt Niskanen last Monday during the Pens game against the Bruins. Good call, Shanahan.
Meanwhile, PK Subban still walks around with money in his pocket.
- Claude Giroux was injured in the Flyer’s game against Tampa on Saturday. Teammate Wayne Simmonds kneed him in the head. Giroux leads the league in points with 39.
- Chris Pronger will meet with Crosby’s head-doctor Mickey Collins this week. Brayden Schenn is also out with a concussion, so the Flyers are in a similar boat as the Pens right now with head injuries. Best wishes to all of the players.
- James Neal is closing in on Phil Kessel. Kessel, Milan Michalek and Steven Stamkos lead the league in goals with 18 apiece. Neal sits in second with 17, tied with Jonathan Toews.
- The LA Kings let go head coach Terry Murray today. Assistant coach John Stevens will serve in the interim until a new coach is found. The Kings are in 12th place in the West with only 30 points on the season (still 10 more than the struggling Blue Jackets). The Pens met the Kings at the beginning of November and won 3-2 in a shootout.
- Part 2 of Episode 1 of “In The Room” by the Pens is available here.
- Richard Park of the Pens will be out 4-6 weeks with a broken foot.